We realise that looking for the perfect wedding venue can be tricky (where do you begin?!). So we wanted to share the top ten reasons for choosing us as a wedding venue, amongst the vast choice of others in Pembrokeshire.
- You can have as small a ceremony as you would like, no minimum guest numbers required!
- We are very flexible; it’s your big day after all. If you have a wild idea or would like something a little bit out of the ordinary, chat to us about it and we can see if we can make it happen. In 2018, we had one couple hire bell tents for the croquet lawn so that more of their nearest and dearest could stay close by.
- You can bring dogs and children(!).
- If you are foodies, this one is going to be as important to you, as it is to us. Your wedding breakfast will be restaurant quality food, catered for by our award-winning kitchen team. There’s also an extensive wine list to accompany, personally selected by Chris, the proprietor, himself.
- Your ceremony can be conducted anywhere onsite. Whether it be our stunning Art Room, quirky Wunderkammer, cosy Library Bar or even our beautiful ornate Ballroom. Outside ceremonies can also be performed on one of our lovely open lawns surrounded by extensive tree canopies.
- You’ll have our in-house Wedding Co-ordinator, Carys, to answer any of your questions and assist you on the big day. She has already answered a few here.
- We are NOT a corporate conveyor belt, who churns out as many weddings as possible. We are quite traditional in the sense that we like to meet you both, show you around our venue, then sit down and have a chat about your big day. Based on that, we can that put together an initial estimate for you.
- You can choose exclusive use of the whole property.
- We don’t inflate our prices during peak times of the year. Like Valentine’s, we don’t believe it is fair to charge more because of the time of the year (we have had some stunning Winter weddings here)
- You can have the music as loud as you would like, or invite a live band to come and play for you.
- We were awarded ‘Wedding Venue of the Year South West Wales’ in 2018. We have also been shortlisted for both ‘Wedding Venue of the Year’ and ‘Wedding Co-ordinator of the Year’ in 2019.
A wedding at Hammet @ Castell Malgwyn is one-of-a-kind. No two are ever the same – and we love that. We adore that each of our couples bring a different vision and their own personalities to the place.
To give you some more inspiration, you can look through our ‘Story’ page to see a selection of weddings from 2018. Our lovely Wedding Co-ordinator, Carys, says a quick hello over here. Or if you still want to hear more, you can read testimonials from our newlyweds here.
For those interested, the photograph of Emma & Aidan’s first dance was taken by the super-talented, Pembrokeshire-based photographers, O&C Photography.
The very accommodating Hammet @ Castell Malgwyn crew.
P.S. Happy St. Dwynwen’s Day <3 Dwynwen Santes Dydd Hapus